Make a difference
Yes, you can make a difference. Even the little things we do can make a big difference to someone’s day. Here are some of the things we’ve done to make a difference (and to help stop boredom!):
- Leave anonymous compliments on people’s desks.
- Volunteer for charity.
- Bake for friends and family.
- Run a fundraiser event – you could do this on your own, or get a team together. You could also compete with other classes at school
- Make something for someone – you could bake a cake, make a planter box, or design a birthday card.
- Get a group of friends together to help a neighbour move out of their house.
- Listen to a friend who’s going through a tough time, or just listen to a friend at any time – good stuff is important too.
- Plan a random act of kindness.
- Have a long chat with friends.
- Encourage people and remind them of their strengths and the good things about them! This can really help people who might be having a tough time.
- Just listen and treat people with empathy.